Then, there is the driving school site. The server does not have the database engine type that I need to properly finish the test. I put in a request a month ago to have it installed, but I still have nothing. I'll have to reprogram the test (which involves mostly removing code), but it will be a bitch to maintain. I will work, but it will have no error checking mechanism. I've tried explaining this to the client, but he unfortunately barely knows how to turn the computer on. Oh well, he's getting the site for a quarter of what I'd normally charge, and he's been warned. When I'm done with this, it'll be on his head to fix it.
Teaching has been going well. Most of the kids work hard, and many of them do not need much help. I also have a few problem students. I can't get into details, because confidentiality is required by law in my particular position.
On the bright side, I have finally found a good Linux distribution. It's called Ubuntu, and it's very easy to work with. It even has a "package manager." It's basically a program that connects to servers that I can list and looks for free software, many of it very good. The window manager I'm using allows me to tab programs together just like I would pages in firefox. It also has transparent menus that I can call from anywhere, and that I can change by modifying a text file. I'll post screen shots some other time.
Well, I've been busy as all hell. First, my mother is having the kitchen redone. Well, last week we ripped out all of the cabinets. To make a long story short, I almost electrocuted myself because the previous owners of the house mislabeled the breakers, and I pulled a muscle in my forearm removing tiles, causing my forearm to swell up to twice its size for about half an hour.